February 7th, 2012
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Annual Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
Prez: Last month we talked about revisiting MIBS. Business meetings are taking too long. Point of MIBS is to focus meeting on decision making and to defer conflict, so outcomes are more productive. Alan described MIBS process. Alan has an imaginary conch. Shaw objected to a giant bunny. Debate on length of Member Reports. Justis thinks we should have lightning talks as a part of every meeting.
No objections to the minutes.
Consent agenda: no objections
Prez: We had a really successful Clojure meetup. With cleanup and new furniture we are a prime location for meetups. t Vice Prez: Thanks to robot camp participants. March 24th afterward. Will give out kits afterwards. Accepting volunteers. If want to volunteer for Digital Motion Showcase. Patrick had idea of taking ownership of the door by working with management and making sure no bums come in.
Darren: posted notes - absent
Lenore: posted this meeting's minutes last night :)
At large board member Jeff: Brought boards. If people have C clamps laying around. He will create a blog post about robot camp. Rewarding experience.
Member reports: Jeff as member: Printer is ready to go and people who think they can use it can.
- 3 Month Reserve Budget: We should keep 3 months (projected) of expenses in reserve, and favor maintaining this reserve over purchasing or maintaining equipment.
- The 3 months are "projected" because we'd like to account for 3 month intervals in which we anticipate a change in rent or another expense.
- This item was added by Alan after the January32012 meeting and is open to further discussion and amendment until the February meeting.
- Account balances:
- Paypal balance as of 2/6: $96.20
- BB&T balance as of 2/6: $3,570.83 available
- WePay balance as of 2/6: $86
- Total balance as of 2/6: $3,753.03
- January income:
- Paypal - $96.50
- WePay - $918.80 (Dues, Checks and Electronics Kits)
- Total: $1,015.30
- January expenses:
- CREH-Snow (rent) - $920.00
- Prime Rate Premium (insurance) - $218.96
- VELLEMAN, INC. - $203.15
- Mountain South Business Law - $200
- PayPal reversal - $0.30???
- Total: $1,542.41
We are -$527.11 this month, most of that was because of the Velleman order and the legal fee for our 501(c) application. There are only three unpaid dues this month so the reason the dues are lower this month is because of some members paying quarterly last month. I also paid double insurance by accident so we won't have an insurance payment in February.