From Splatspace
Jump to: navigation, search


April 3rd, 2012


  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
  3. Officer Annual Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
    5. Public Relations
  4. New Business
  5. Old Business
  6. Member Reports
  7. Adjournment


Introductions: Scott Holmes, DIY projects and bio. Simon: Web app programmer. Hardware interest, computer telephony. Building Android apps. Eric (sp), mostly open source software dev, ham radio, packet stuff, AVR.

Minutes: No beef.

Drew, Shaw, Darren, Alan for member reports.

Nothing on consent agenda.

Officer reports: Prez: Scheduled lightning talks for April 10th at 7pm. Members should RT. OPen to anyone to present on anything family friendly. It doesn't have to be technical material. Bring food. Submit slides to alan@splatspace.org

Road block with getting new key fobs. We have 5 physical keys for the Splat door.

info@splatspace.org -- CIS of Durham contacted us. They are organizing a Revenge of the Nerds/Thriller party on Halloween on Rigsbee St. Mentor teens that are apt to drop out of school. They are interested in any help they can get.

Justice: Not here. Homework to do. He encouraged to people to talk about GeekSpark meeting: Shaw: Software Sunday with GeekSpark planning emphasis. 15 people. Filled whiteboard with ideas. Lots of artistic people attended. There will be more meetings and people are encouraged to attend. May alternate between here and Raleigh.

Treasurer: Even better than last month.

(Attendees: Shaw, Darren, Lisa, Alan, Drew, Mike, Ben, Mark, Peter, Lenore, Jeff, Geoff, Alex, Scott...and more?)

Sec: Thanks again to Shaw for taking minutes last month.

No new business or old business.

Jeff: Did blog post about Robot Camp and Science Night. Supposed to have intro to textiles class and acquired the black death. Will now have it in the conference room.

Drew: No application yet? Drew and Jeff will be doing arduino thing and Bill will be doing a head copier. Drew and/or Alan will be submitting an application for Maker Faire.

Jeff: Burlington Maker Faire on April the 8th, done by the Alamance Makers Guild. Lisa will find out if there's an application.

Lisa: Music coordinator for Maker Faire. The music will be in a new location.

Darren: Ipaq came in for the game cabinet. Darren will collect money for this stuff eventually.

Ben: First Robotics regional is at Dorton Robotics this weekend. First Robotics is for inspiration and recognition of science and technology, lego league etc. 5 foot tall robots that compete in a game every year. Some of them are pretty sophisticated. Ben was on VaTech's team in high school. Lenore encouraged everyone to go to RARsfest.

Mike: Brew Durham Festival. Mike was one of the brewers. It was a good time.

Alan: Talked with people about doing a Clojure training workshop here, but Alan may still do it.


Consent Agenda

Officer Reports

  • Lightning Talks! http://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/58773942/
  • Have yet to receive keys from Kim. Calling Carey tomorrow.
  • Anyone heard of CIS Durham? http://www.cisdurham.org/
    • They're planning a Thriller/Revenge of the Nerds themed Halloween party on Rigsbee street
    • Looking for our help, collaboration
  • Member, and want to schedule a meetup? Just ask Alan for Meetup authoritay!
  • Account balances:
    • Paypal balance as of 04/03: $0.00
    • BB&T balance as of 04/03: $5212.80 available
    • WePay balance as of 04/03: $146.00
    • Total balance as of 04/03: $5358.80

  • This month's income:
    • Paypal - $48.25
    • WePay - $1469.62
    • WePay referral - $20.00
    • BB&T Deposits - $0.00
    • Total: $1537.87

  • This month's expenses:
    • CREH-Snow (rent) - $920.00
    • Prime Rate Premium (insurance) - $109.48
    • Keyfobs - $150.00
    • Keys - $8.01
    • Total: $1187.49

  • Income - expenses = $350.38
  • Maintenance fund ($20 + $20) = $40
  • Tool fund ($113.82 + $175.19) = $289.01
Public Relations

New Business

Old Business

Member Reports