April 7th, 2020
- Member Attendance
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
- Member Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
- No guests present at 7:10pm.
No quorum (8 members currently in attendance at 7:13pm Eastern), could not approve Feb 4 or March 3 minutes.
- Meeting started at 7:10pm Eastern.
1) Review the Safety Document
- COVID19 safety recommendations - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/index.html
- Informal recommendation to maintain CDC social distancing guidelines by limiting people in each room based on the room size. (ie. One-person at a time in the wood shop, metal shop, boneyard).
- Post a sign on the entrance to each room regarding this policy, and change the signs as CDC changes guidelines.
- Post a sign recommending handwashing and regular disinfecting of frequently used surfaces (ie. doorknobs).
- Post a notice on web site that new memberships aren't being accepted (until the CDC guidelines change in a manner that makes them safe/relevant again).
- Make cleaning supplies available to SplatSpace members on site. (ie. paper towels, Lysol/antibacterial wipes with 70%+ alcohol or 10% bleach solution).
- Make disposable gloves available to SplatSpace members (ie. the ones near resin printers).
ToDo Action Items
(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)
- Establish a process (proposal?) for holding votes with membership electronically, to allow us to accomplish votes without establishing quorum at/during meetings.
- Establish a process (ie. sending a two-sentence announcement with a link to the agenda to the Google Group, Slack #announcements) for announcing to SplatSpace membership important meetings, votes, and events, in the case where there has been a board member meeting and agenda prepared at least 3 days in advance.
* Plan needed to allow members to recoup costs on consumables they provide to the space. (who?)
* Website plans (who ?)
* New Member orientation (Dawn)
* Training & Accountability (Dawn - initial draft) [create doc with list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides]
* New Storage Shelves (Scott + volunteers)
* Audio/Visual install & configuration (Scott + volunteers)
* Splat server upgrade (Scott)
* Laser cutter soundproofing
- Blake McNeill volunteered to accept nomination for the at-large board member position vacated by Stephen Kufchek last month. He will serve as a deputy at-large board member until a vote can be held to confirm his position or the next board election.
- Said nice things.
- VP took home (did not steal) a few 3d printers to maintain them.
|Monthly Expected Expenses = $2505|
Departing Members: none
New Members: Kurt G
With our current Membership & Expenses, we can pay bills through 9/21
- no report
- Many of our events have been cancelled. Will update the wiki at some point to reflect these changes.
- Gave equipment to allow a local community member to perform a SARS-COV-2 PCR assay on his family.
- Provided equipment to another community member working on a bioinformatics system related to flu viruses.
- has updated some of the wiki listings to reflect event cancellations.
- Upcoming events - HAHAHA