From Splatspace
Revision as of 23:14, 5 January 2021 by Dtrembath (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


November 10th, 2020

Link to join online meeting: https://meet.google.com/qzq-tdpq-khg


  1. Minutes
  2. Member Attendance
  3. Consent Agenda
  4. Old Business
  5. Action Items
  6. New Business
  7. Annual Election
  8. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
    5. Public Relations
    6. At-Large
  9. Guest Introductions
  10. Member Reports
  11. Upcoming Events
  12. Trash/Recycling Volunteer
  13. Adjournment


Guest Introductions


Minutes from October 6 were approved.


Meeting started at 7:12

Member Attendance

43 Dues-paying (voting) members
Quorum = 11 members
7 Members were in attendance

Consent Agenda

1) Approved meeting minutes from October 6th.

Old Business

ToDo Action Items

(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)

  • Pete Soper reports that the FSL Hobby Laser may not be fully functional, may be out of focus in one corner.

* Door system - remains delayed, requires "jiggle."

* Training & Accountability (need volunteers)

[create doc with list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides]


* Laser cutter soundproofing.

* Look into the option of renting the space no longer used by the gym or the contracting company (the garage). Possibly a good substitute for the basement storage we currently pay ~$500/mo. (Andrew & Blake)

New Business

  • A few PCs at Splatspace need to be replaced (Computer next to "Big Bertha" Fusion 306)
    • NOTE: Lulzbot PC okay, other PC too.
  • Blake reached out to IT dept at his work and obtained 10 "pretty decent" laptops for the space. He will collect these on ~Nov 18. He hopes to replace current machines in the space with 2 left over. These are Dell machines with either i5 or i7 and at least 8GB of memory.
  • Last month, Blake and Andrew participated in a hackathon for updating the SplatSpace website. Andrew reduced our Linode service to 1/4 of the original payment. They made many adjustments to the webpage, but due to Wordpress versioning, it did not display correctly. a PHP update is also needed, and backups of the working site need to be made before any large changes are implemented. A Stripe customer/membership management portal should be available soon. Another hackathon is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 17 from 7pm - 9pm.
  • Ryan to complete document for updating the Dorbo. Will order more key fobs.
  • Blake used a spare raspberry pi and a spare display to make a digital sign to display in the entrance hallway. It flips through a few screens/displays the Splatspace logo.
  • Lewis volunteered to make a 1-page PDF to provide to new members.
    • This will include Member expectations (closing the space, safety procedures, cleanliness, SplatSpace is a volunteer organization with no paid cleaning staff.)
    • Gate code and emergency contacts.
  • This spawned a similar idea to make a printable, 1-page PDF brochure to provide to interested members of the public about SplatSpace. Lewis will also start this.
    • Lewis solicited language/wording from the community and will use shared Google Slides documents to create these PDFs.

Annual Election

The roles of the SplatSpace board are defined in the Bylaws

  • No quorum could be reached. Election was extended to Nov 17 to get more votes.

Officer Reports


Ryan predicts a smooth transition of power.


Andrew reflected on a productive and helpful year of serving as vice president.


NOTE: Treasurer's Report for Nov was overwritten this weekend with numbers from the Oct report. Updated with the correct numbers on 1/5/21.

Here's a link to the version before this weekend's edits: https://wiki.splatspace.org/index.php?title=2020-11-10&oldid=41534#Treasurer

In general, out situation is the same as it has been for the past few months.

  • Account balances as of 11/01:
+ BB&T + Cash Total - Outstanding - Escrow - 3 mo reserve Non-committed
  $2067.28     $94     $2161.28     $0     $112     $7500     $-5450.72  
  $2067.28     $94     $2161.28     $0     $112     $0     $2049.28  

  • This month's income:
Member Dues Donations Other Total
  $1766.80     $300     $0     $2066.80  
  • This month's expenses:
UDI Rent Linode.com Spectrum Insurance Misc Total
  $1900*     $20.13     $89.99     $1164     $3.63     $3177.75  
  • Income - Expenses =   -$1110.95
  • Potentially recoverable back dues = ~$250

  • Active Member count as of 11/01: (Active = paid dues within past 60 days)
Membership Type # Members Expected Dues Target # Members Target Dues
Full 19 $1140 27 $1620
Full (Legacy) 11 $550
Associate 3 $75
Associate (Legacy) 5 $100
Student 5 $175
Total 44 $2040 52 $2545
Monthly Expected Expenses

Current = $2030

[Jan 2021 = $2530]


Current = $2040 - $2030 = $10/mo

[Jan 2021 = $2040 - $2530 = -$490/mo]

Departing Members: Sam C, Jesse M

New Members: 1 new member

Paused: 1 member

With our current Membership & Expenses, we can pay bills through June 2021

  • Note: projection based on member dues (does not include donations)

https://wiki.splatspace.org/images/b/b5/ReserveProjection10.pdf (This is the October 1 projection. The November 1 projection would be roughly the same.)

Current steps to increase revenue / decrease expenses:

  • Donations: Thank you to Andrew S, Blake, & Graham
  • Reduced rent ($1900 vs $2400) through end of 2020

Next urgently needed step:

  • Update website to include Stripe Customer Portal


Lewis reflected on a "hell of a year" and looks forward to continuing as Secretary

Public Relations

Lewis is continuing to document his heavily DIY chicken coop/homesteading operation with the intent of eventually having a shareable "story" to hopefully get some community interest.



  • Plans to build new shelving to add more storage and accommodate items needing to be stored from #24 location. Note will be moving personal project items from Boneyard to new shelves in their exact relative positions. Please contact Scott if you are concerned.

Member Reports

Upcoming Events

note new calendar for 2020 External Outreach Events list

Trash/Recycling Volunteer