Difference between revisions of "Fred Ebeling Collection"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
This page is to support
This page is to support electronic parts, supplies, and tools donated by the late Fred Ebeling with an eye towards managing existing and future resources at Splatspace. Fred was a consummate design engineer in the Triangle area. A tribute to Fred by mentee Praneet Athalye is available [https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tribute-fred-ebeling-praneet-athalye-ph-d-lc |here].
Revision as of 14:57, 18 August 2017
NEXT WORK SESSION August 19, 2017 10am to 4pm
This page is to support curation of electronic parts, supplies, and tools donated by the late Fred Ebeling with an eye towards managing existing and future resources at Splatspace. Fred was a consummate design engineer in the Triangle area. A tribute to Fred by mentee Praneet Athalye is available |here.
- Curate Fred's donation at the RAD Lab popup. This is across the parking lot from Scrap Exchange in an ex-beauty salon (called "Belle Amour") at 2000 Chapel Hill Road, Durham. Here's a map and this is what it looks like.
- Generalize this process to other donated electronics (e.g. Andre's donation) while being careful not to mix unvetted components in with those known to be unused stock from a reliable vendor.
- Consider back-filling existing Splatspace inventory with some of this process.
NOTE: This work is NOT happening at Splat Space, it's happening at RAD Lab (see details and pointer to Google Map above).
- Saturday August 12, 2017 10am to 6pm. Eleven participants (Shannon, Martin, Peter R, Owen, Jennifer, Shaw, Sarah, Tony M, Jocelyn, Ben, Pete). Labeling/Cataloging Session. A good start on infrastructure and process was made with many parts captured.
- Sunday August 13, 2017 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Two particpants (Ryan, Pete). Pre-labeled all the wire and cable boxes.
- Tuesday August 15, 2017 2:00pm to 6:00pm. Two participants (Jeremy, Pete). Put all the wire and cable boxes into the spreadsheets.
- Thursday August 18, 2017 2pm-6pm. Two participants (Tony M, Pete). More boxes labeled, photographed, and entered into the spreadsheets. Also did a quick evaluation of the surface mount parts donated to Splat by Scrap Exchange. These are reels of parts designed to feed automated pick and place machines.
- NEXT SESSION August 19, 2017 10am to 4pm
- Other times TBD
- Finishing and moved or ready to move after the August 25, 26 RAD Lab open house.
Temporary Gallery of first couple dozen boxes (each thumb is clickable for full resolution)
|Analog Devices||1992 Amplifier Applications Guide||0-916550-10-9|
|Donnelly,James||A Modern Difference Engine Software Simulators for Charles Babbageâ€™s Difference Engine No. 2||1-879828-03-0|
|Analog Devices Sheingold, Daniel Editor||Analog-Digital Conversion Handbook||0-13-032848-0|
|Graeme,Jerold G.||Applications of Operational Amplifiers||0-07-0238990-1|
|Adams,Joe Kennedy||Basic Statistical Concepts||n/a Library of Congress 55-5681|
|Williams, Al||Build Your Own Printed Circuit Board||0-07-142783-X|
|Faludi,Robert||Building Wireless Sensor Networks||978-0-596-80773-3|
|Power Basic||Compiler For Windows Reference Guide||n/a copyright 1996-2002|
|Power Basic||Console Compiler||n/a copyright 1998-2002|
|Intersil||Data Acquisition Handbook||n/a copyright 1980|
|Lischner, Ray||Delphi in a Nutshell||1-56592-659-5|
|Walmsley,Sue and Williams,Shirley||Discover Pascal in Delphi||0-201-70919-8|
|Lavington,Simon||Early British Computers||0-932376-08-8|
|EDN (Cahners Pub. Co)||EDNâ€™S Designerâ€™s Guide to Electromagnetic Compatibility||n/a no edition number 87 pages|
|Barnett,Cox & Oâ€™Cull||Embedded C Programming and the Atmel AVR||1-4018-1206-6|
|Shurkin,Joel||Engines of the Mind A history of the Computer||0-393-01804-0|
|Stern, Nancy||From Eniac to Univac An appraisal of the Eckert-Mauchly Computers||0-932376-14-2|
|Morrison, Ralph||Grounding and Shielding Techniques in Instrumentation||0-47161617-6|
|Burington,R.S.||Handbook of Mathematical Tables and Formulas 4th Ed.||n/a Library of Congress 63-23531|
|Austrian, Geoffrey D.||Herman Hollerith Forgotten Giant of Information Processing||0-231-05146-8|
|Kordyban,Tony||Hot Air Rises and Heat Sinks: everything you know about cooling electronics is wrong||0-7918-0074-1|
|Bashe,Johnson,Palmer & Pugh||IBMâ€™s Early Computers||0-262-02225-7|
|Jung, Walter G.||IC Timer Cookbook 2nd ed.||0-672-21932-8|
|Kitchin, C and Counts,Lew||Instrumentation Amplifier Application Guide 2nd Ed.||N/a copyright 1991|
|Huelsman,L.P./Allen,P.E.||Introduction to the Theory and Design of Active Filters||0-07-030854-3|
|Frederiksen, Thomas||Intuitive IC OP AMPS From Basics To Useful Applications||n/a copyright 1984|
|National Semiconductor||Linear Applications Handbook 2003 Edition||n/a|
|Serverns, Rudolf P.||M.O.S.P.O.W.E.R. applications||0-930519-00-0|
|American Society For Testing and Materials||Manual on the Use of Thermocouples in Temperature Measurement STP 470B||n/a Library of Congress 80-69066|
|Camp, E.J.||Mathematical Analysis An Introduction for College Students||n/a Library of Congress 56-5692|
|Gregory and Dellande||MC14500B Industrial Control Unit Handbook||n/a copyright 1977|
|Wilkes,Maurice||Memoirs of a Computer Pioneer||0-262-23122-0|
|Analog Devices||New Product Applications-1995||n/a|
|Ott, Henry W.||Noise Reduction Techniques in Electronic Systems 2nd Ed.||0-471-85068-3|
|Hornbeck,Robert W.||Numerical Methods||n/a copyright 1975|
|Analog Devices||Practical Analog Design Techniques||0-916550-16-8|
|Foster, Caxton C.||Programming A Micro-Computer:6502||0-201-01995-7|
|Redmond & Smith||Project Whirlwind: History of a Pioneer Computer||0-932376-09-6|
|Houp, Kenneth W./Pearsall, Thomas E.||Reporting Technical Information||0-02-475630-X|
|Baker, Ryder, Baker||Temperature Measurement In Engineering Vol. 1||n/a Library of Congress 53-11565|
|Baker, Ryder, Baker||Temperature Measurement in Engineering Vol. 2||n/a Library of Congress 53-11565|
|American Radio Relay League||The ARRL Handbook for Radio Amateurs 1993||0-87259-170-0|
|National Semiconductor||The Art of Analog Design||n/a copyright 2003|
|Horowitz,Paul and Hill,Winfield||The Art of Electronics||0-521-23151-5|
|Analog Devices||The Best of Analog Dialogue 1967 to 1991 25th Anniversary Bonus Edition||0-9-916550-10-9|
|Kernighan/Ritchie||The C Programming Language||0-13-110163-3|
|Williams,Tim||The Circuit Designerâ€™s Companion||075061756X|
|Goldstine, Herman||The Computer From Pascal to von Neumann||0-691-08104-2|
|Pollock,D.D.||The Theory and Properties of Thermocouple Elements||0-8031-0074-4|
|Texas Instruments Inc.||The TTL Data Book for Design Engineers 2nd Ed.||n/a copyright 1976|
|Powell,Hall,Hyink,Sparks and Burns,Scroger, Plumb||Thermocouple Reference Tables Based on the IPTS-68||n/a Library of Congress 73-600214|
|Schmidt,Marty J.||Understanding and Using Statistics Basic Concepts 2nd Ed.||0-669-02270-5|
|Sibigtroth,James M.||Understanding Small Microcontrollers 68HC05||n/a|
|Merriam Webster||Websterâ€™s new collegiate dictionary||0-87779-409-X|