These are the things we must have in a space.
- Restroom facilities
- Broadband internet hookup
- Differently abled accessible (e.g. ramps, elevators)
- Accessible parking/van parking
- Wheelchair accessible restroom(s) (space for a wheelchair on one of the sides of the toilet)
- Airconditioned space, or the ability to provide it at a financially reasonable rate
These are nice to haves, in no particular order. Note that as various members likely want opposing things, given items may very well contradict each other. That's good! It means we can start talking about what makes the most people happiest.
- Larger space than we have now
- Close to downtown
- At ground-level (at least in part)
- Easy to bring in large items (e.g. arcade cabinets, appliances)
- Availability of 220V/240V power connections (could be needed in the future for larger/more exotic tools and equipment)
- Good ventilations for welding/laser cutting and other tools techniques we can't use now
- Lot's parking
- A separate room, with AC, we can put noisy servers in
- A separate room or area we can just pile everything in so there's less contention about keeping items around
Photos Cost: ? Square feet: ? Aircon: No Heat Partial Type of space: Warehouse Utilties: Not included Internet: Needs to be wired up, not included Bathrooms: Available in the other artist's space, accessible?
Photos Cost: 1100 Square feet:? Aircon: No Heat: Partial Type of space: Warehouse Utilities: Not included Internet: Wired up, not included Bathrooms: A tiny bathroom, not accessible
Cost: 1400 Square feet:? Aircon: Yes Heat: Yes Type of space: Office Utilities: Included Internet: Included Bathrooms: Two bathrooms, accessible
It turns out the propery manager for 118 W Parrish St is also our current property manager. Upon figuring out who we were and that we were looking for more space, an offer was made to also rent us the conference room in the Snow Building basement. Still figuring out the details there.