WHAT: ownCloud Installfest
WHEN: Saturday August 24th 2013 from 10 am 'till ?
Do you have a Linux box that you'd like to install ownCloud on? Join us this Saturday August 24th 2013 for an ownCloud installfest! We'll get started at 10 am. PIZZA will be provided!! Join us whatever your interest level! In addition to installing ownCloud, we'll be looking at: Linux server administration, how to lock down and secure a server, and how to use Puppet to bring a machine from a fresh install to fully configured in minutes.
Here are some links on installing and configuring ownCloud. Please feel free to add to this.
- ownCloud 5.0 Administrators Manual
- Installation section from Administrators Manual.
- ownCloud 5.0 User Manual
- ownCloud install packages: These can be used to install ownCloud using your distro's package manager.
- ownCloud: Or, the ownCloud main page has a download link to download the latest version and install it manually. See the Adminitrators Manual for instructions (see above.)
ownCloud on Rasberry Pi:
- instructables.com Raspberry Pi Owncloud (dropbox clone)
- petrockblog.com Your own cloud server with Owncloud on the Raspberry Pi
- raspberrypi.or Owncloud is soooo slow!: Some people have had success getting ownCloud to run on a Rasberry Pi, and others not.