Space Organization Project
Organizing Our Space
This page is for shaping the organization of the space. This main page is tracking ideas for what we need/have/and are in the process for obtaining.
Please create a new page under Proposals if you have a full proposal for something to do in the space.
Please keep notes about this page in the the talk page.
A more organized, less cluttered, more fun to use space.
- A place for everything
- Some description of what's where
- Inventory system
- Clear delineation of stuff that everyone can use, and stuff that you should probably ask the owner to use
- Capture ideas on how to organize the space
- Identify components (furniture? shelves? other?) needed
- Put together a couple of proposals for review by the membership
- Pick a proposal that has consensus support and implement it
Need to have
- A fire proof document case for insurance, business filings, &c. Alternatively have all of this stored offsite.
- Some sort of filing for user records &c. This could also be off site, but it would be good to have hardcopy on site.
- Food storage
- Fire extinguishers.
- Plenty of eye protection
Nice to have
- Better lighting.
- Better diagraming of the space: Feet and inches. Location of wall sockets, pipes, etc. This is a laborious process that can be done slowly.
- If we get into materials needing it, a safety shower would be nice.
- Proper work benches. The sort of thing we can slightly burn, scar up, gouge &c.
- Two white shelving units, location undetermined (see the talk page).
- 2 40 watt fluorescent shop lights, obtained by Ed.
Supplies in progress
- Ed is pursuing used CO2 extinguishers.