- all board members present
- To discuss Splatspace's financial situation in light of Covid19
- Come up with a plan to solicit a quorum's worth of votes online, so that business can be conducted
- Mark interprets bylaws as stating that consent does not require quorum, and, when published, the consent agenda stands unless a member objects.
- OPTION 2: Presiding office adjourns vote
- Dawn- consent agenda is for items that are expected to pass unanimously. Maintain a goal of keeping everyone informed about votes with enough notice in advance to raise any issues they have
- New items to be passed can be put into the consent agenda 48hrs before meeting. If a member calls for discussion, it is brought into New Business.
- Address the Finance Trajectory: make a plan to communicate this to membership
- Call to attention/action to all members demonstrating the trajectory and soliciting solutions to the current financial predicament
- Take this as an opportunity to see what people want, what the space can offer. A positive spin - members like the space, and want to see it survive.
- Include the stark graph, display the shortfall.
- wikipedia-esque fundraiser
- [Dawn] contact landlord to reassess rent situation
- [Scott] Gofundme research
- Research nonprofit Covid funds?
- sponsored memberships, scholarship memberships
- [Lewis] Communication Google doc should be drafted and posted in Splatspace Slack administrivia channel containing language scheduled to send off on June 1.
- Assess how to allow new members in pandemic scenario
- Bylaws for membership can be done during pandemic, but bylaws contain language that has never been followed regarding vote on new members.
- 2 people needed to sign membership form.
- "To comply with social distancing, new members can meet one on one with necessary signers-on"
- Any new people can be invited to slack and meet there
- Increase activity on social media
- Seems like there is little to no activity for SplatSpace on social media
- Posting to social media more often could increase visibility and possibly drive membership
- [Blake] is willing to post but we should have several people that can and will post often
- [Lewis] will also coordinate with images for Instagram, etc