2022-02-28 Board Meeting Minutes
Board Members in Attendance
President (Blake McNeill) - Present
Vice President (Justin Kirk) - Present
Treasurer (Ryan Patridge) - Absent
Secretary (Lewis Scaife) - Present
At-Large (Scott Hall) - Present
At-Large (Andrew Morton) - Absent
At-Large (Eli Hornstein) - Present
- Nonprofit business PayPal account creation - annoying details/requirements. Blake notes that paypal changes terms and conditions weekly. He reluctantly needs to create an account. Paypal asks for bank records.
- Banking officers - Bank requires physical board member presence.
- How to handle cash donations (red box). Blake suggests cash to be spent on buying stuff, rather than administrative use
- Next purchase(s) (discussion)
- Tool purchase wiki page (heavily outdated) https://wiki.splatspace.org/index.php/Tool_Purchase_List
- Shelf to hold magazine donations, $60 (already ordered at Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09N6THWJG, should arrive Mar. 7-10),
and magazine file boxes for shelf, $60 for 36 (already received: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZZD11YH)
- Simple 990 emails (spam or do we actually need to pay attention)
- Eli recommends discussing a minors policy at a future meeting. Blake notes that it's going to be a tool-by-tool classification/rating. He saw a color coding system used in another institution.
- SplatSpace's policies changes due to lifting of Durham mask mandates (discussion)
- emphasize using code of conduct to create a respectful environment on mask usage.
- room occupancy is a difficult issue, without reasonable means of enforcement
- if Durham makes it optional, we will follow suit, encouraging people to be safe and responsible
- New member on-boarding, initial dues payment, and handing out keyfobs (discussion)
- Discussion around handling emails, specifically for public outreach situations.