August 2nd, 2011
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
- Paypal balance as of 8/2: $1561.49
- BB&T balance as of 8/2: $2674.38 (- $895 pending rent check + $420 deposit = $2199.38 actual)
- July income:
- Paypal - 794.91
- BB&T - 420.00
- July expenses:
- CREH-Snow (rent) - 895.00
- Premium Assignment (insurance) - 86.53
Mat Kaliski with WePay reached out to me to let me know that several other hackerspaces are using WePay and invite us to take a look. I had looked into their offerings before and was stymied by the apparent lack of an automatic recurring payment option; they now have a slightly-clunky option for recurring bills that can be paid either by checking account or credit card, and they're actively working on adding the same kind of "Subscribe" button functionality that PayPal offers.
I'm not yet proposing that we switch over to them - which is why this is in the Treasurer's report rather than the consent agenda! - but I did want to share that info. I'm going to check out their interface and see how it compares to PayPal; if it looks like a good fit, we could discuss switching over next month.
Also, I'd like to start recruiting volunteers to work on the 501(c)3 paperwork for SplatSpace.
- Finished move, can resume membership records audit.
- Not in attendance.
- No new business
- No old business