September 6th, 2011
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
- Snow Building lease coming up this month for renewal this month.
- Schedule a space clean up day?
- Pick a lightning talk date (Sept 30th?) Let's advertise the event outside our normal circle (ie flyers at: SparkCon/GeekSpark, Scrap Exchange, Durham Bike Co-op, TechShop (with permission :) - Scott allowed us to add our event to the TSRDU newsletter last time.)
- Lightning talks will be close to our 1 year anniversary of Splat Space. We should combine this event with a 1 year anniversary party. It could be epic!
- Paypal balance as of 9/6: $2,274.47
- BB&T balance as of 9/6: $1,988.52 (- $895 pending rent check = $1897.66 actual)
- August income:
- August expenses:
- CREH-Snow (rent) - 895.00
- Premium Assignment (insurance) - 90.86
- Others TBD
I've been out at Burning Man, so haven't had a chance to update the income / expenses details for August - I hope to add that info by the end of the week.
Ashley sent out a link to another hackerspace's IRS Form 1023 - the application form for the 501(c)3 status - so hopefully that will give us a jumpstart on our application!
- Proposal by Scott Hall: Offering Velleman Electronic Kits to club members & the public
- Placing seed order of electronic kits for stocking at Splat*Space
- Placing order for parts for Learn-to-Solder kits (Scott Hall will provide BOM)
- Scheduling next Learn-to-Solder Class & Electronic Kit Building Afternoon - remember October is Learn to Solder Month
- 501C status