October 4th, 2011
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
- I have to schedule our Annual Meeting by November 30th according to our bylaws
- The Annual Meeting is where we elect leadership
- Nobody has expressed interest in becoming a board member, but some have expressed interest in stepping down
- We should figure out what we need to do to make board membership more appealing, easier to manage
- Movie / Cleanup day huge success, no thanks to me!
- Big ups to Jeff Crews, Phil, and everyone else who showed up and cleaned. Looks amazing!
- 501c3: in my sights
- Interested parties, we need to form a hit squad and get crackin'
- Lease renewal: we need to do it soon (by end of November)
- 2 year seems to have the most agreeance
- Paypal balance as of 9/6: $2,274.47
- BB&T balance as of 9/6: $1,988.52 (- $895 pending rent check = $1897.66 actual)
- August income:
- August expenses:
- CREH-Snow (rent) - 895.00
- Premium Assignment (insurance) - 90.86
- Others TBD
I've been out at Burning Man, so haven't had a chance to update the income / expenses details for August - I hope to add that info by the end of the week.
Ashley sent out a link to another hackerspace's IRS Form 1023 - the application form for the 501(c)3 status - so hopefully that will give us a jumpstart on our application!
- 501C status - Has to be done by February. Would like to have it done by the holiday so businesses can donate money.