January 2nd, 2018
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
Reminder that January 20 is Hack-Ur-Space. We've had a few breaks from upkeep due to the holidays. Please plan to attend this event. There will be coffee and pastries. Come at any time from 10-4. There is plenty to do.
Craft In is a restart of Monday Night Crafts. It will be on Saturdays from 1-4. Participate in the planned craft or Bring Your Own Craft Project (BYOCP). This Saturday will be basic Loom Knitting. We will used hoops and rakes. (Round pegged or double strips of pegs for knitting.)
The large format printer is working! Thanks to Tony Guerrero who figured out which drivers to use and put an additional poster graphic program on there. There will be directions on how to use it placed beside it in a few days. Use the Vinyl cutter book to log use of the printer.
We received a working android smartphone donation this week, and a decent real film camera that works.
I checked a few sim cards our donor was leaving behind and I found important data on them We've also had phones that were completely unwiped. While it's not our job to clean up after people who donate data unwittingly it's just a good practice to check. Be sure you wipe all data from computers you donate.
- Account balances:
- BB&T balance as of 01/01: $11385.96 (available balance)
- Stripe balance as of 01/01: $48.92
- Square balance as of 01/01: $0.00
- Total balance as of 01/01: $11434.88
- Balance - 3 month reserve ($5853) - uncashed rent check ($1640) = $3941.88
- This month's income:
- Stripe: $1499.59
- BB&T Deposits: $222.58
- Total: $1722.17
- This month's expenses:
- UDI Rent: $1,640.00
- Linode.com: $20.00
- Total: $1660.00 Note: corrected arithmetic error on 7/17/18
- Income - Expenses = $62.17
- Active Member count as of 01/01: (Active = paid dues within past 60 days)
- No report on Member count due to holidays
- Total Payments this month: 35
Thanks to Shannon for alerting us to some issues with our Emergency Contact Information.
- Paper copies of Emergency Contact Forms are being stored in the top drawer of the file cabinet in the Bone Yard. The drawer is labelled "First Aid". Anyone who wants to have a copy of their info stored here may do so; no one is obligated to do so.
- The point of storing the forms here is to make the info readily accessible to all should an emergency arise. Obviously, this means the info is available to anyone in the space. You are asked to only access the information in case of an emergency.
- If you would like a paper copy of your info on file in the First Aid drawer, please see Dawn, Shannon or Peter to fill out a form.
- There is also a limited access electronic version of the emergency contact info, currently accessible to Dawn, Sarah, others?. We need a procedure to decide how this is accessed in an emergency.
Internet service has been ordered through Spectrum. Installation is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 4.
- Cost is $59.99/month + $99 installation fee. This price is valid for 12 months, at which time it will increase to &79.99 / month. We are free to call them again at that time to see if we can take advantage of any ongoing promotions.
- Service is 100 Mbps download, 10 Mbps upload vs current ~5 Mbps