February 6th, 2018
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
No opposition to previous Agenda.
Some movement on the Scrap move. Currently Scrap is very busy and doesn't have things moving forward in such a way that they can give us a firm date.
- Im making a list of things we need. So far we need a few more earphones, and a full set of standard and metric hex wrenches. I intend to paint them two different colors for easy identification.
- There are magnetic bars to hold small stuff on the electronics bench. If people don't like them they can be removed.
- We now have a makeshift magnetic sweeper. Please use it and return it to it's place next to the carpet sweeper.
- Our new neighbor Pitbull Martial Arts is having a big opening on February 25 from 12-2. There will be a food truck, a coffee or tea truck, and a few other non food vendors. Harold plans to bring his guest down to see us. It would be great to have a few people here to greet them, show them around, and give them information.
- Thanks to Anthony for building out the stand for the table saw. It's going to be great to have a more stable surface.
- Union Intermediate School Maker Faire February 22. Thursday. There will be 350-400m kids on the 4th and 5th grade from 1 to 6. Logistics are being worked out.
- Account balances:
- BB&T balance as of 02/05: $9612.46 available
- Stripe balance as of 02/05: $48.25
- Total balance as of 02/05: $9660.71
- Balance ($9660.71) - 3 month reserve ($5853) = $3807.71
- This month's Income:
- Stripe: $1736.89
- BB&T Deposits: $40
- Total: $1776.89
- This month's Expenses:
- UDI Rent: $1640.00
- Linode.com: $20
- Spectrum: $166.42
- Misc (3D printers): $63.97
- Total: $1890.39
- Income ($1776.89) - Expenses ($1890.39) = $-113.50
- Active Member count as of MM/DD: (Active = paid dues within past 60 days)
- In flux
- (Old) Membership dues are due by the 20th of the month for the following month.
- (New) Membership dues are due by the 1st of the month.
- Motion by Shannon to implement suggestions, seconded by Jon Vasquez. Motion passed with no objection.
- We have a new membership database called Seltzer.
On our website splatspace.org go under Membership and click on Seltzer. You can check your payment status among other things.
- Pete Soper has been maintaining the website. He insist that we need a PR person. Jeff Crews volunteers.
- Ryan Barnes is not present.
- Jon Vasquez is looking for Cons for our group to participate in.
Shannon showed members her silk painting and explained how it was done.
Jeff Cruise told the crowd how he made cars for a Mad Max kind of board game.
- HeboCon 2018-Apr-21 10-6 @ Scrap-Exchange (part of DIYfest)
- Feb. 22 Digital Literacy Day @ Clinton. It's unclear if we will be there.
- Engineers Week details to be posted soon
- February 22 (Thursday)at Union Intermediate School we will be there for National Engineers month. There should be 350 - 400 students in 4th and 5th grade. Chris is bringing a truck made for major disasters. Members will volunteer with various activities and projects.
- February 25 from 12-2 (Sunday) Pittbull Martial Arts will have their grand opening. There will be food trucks, artist, and coffee or tea vendors. They will be sending folks our way so we need people to come and man the Space.
- RARSfest details to be posted soon
- Hobocon 2018 - SUnday April 21 10-6 @ Scrap Exchange. There are contest and repair tables.
Trash Volunteer. Recycling Volunteer
Jon Vasquez volunteers to take out the trash.
Pete Soper volunteers to take out the recycling.