Difference between revisions of "2018-5-15"
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Super Graphic will likely move out of the
Super Graphic will likely move out of the of #24 by the end of June. We can no longer count on the $500/month income.
Revision as of 18:43, 16 May 2018
- Officer Announcements
- Member Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
Laser cutter status:
- - we are searching for the old laser tube, which was still functional, and would aid in troubleshooting
- - Brian L. said he has an old tube, and will bring it to the space to use in testing
General equipment 'stewardship':
- - it was proposed that a member be designated as the official steward for each piece of equipment at Splat. The steward would be the central contact person when issues arise, and responsible for coordinating trouble-shooting and repair efforts.
- - volunteers - Jeff C, vinyl cutter; Tony G, wide-format printer; Sarah S, Lulzbot
- - including a second person in the process for each piece of equipment would be a good way to train more members to maintain the equipment
- - Meagen V will organize this effort
Lease at 800 N Mangum:
- - given the likely timeline for our move to Suite #24, we should take steps to extend our current lease by a few more months
- - Sarah S will send landlord contact info to Brian L, who will then contact landlord
Timeline for move to Suite #24:
- - the group coordinating the move (Jonathan B, Sarah S, Meagen V, Dawn T) will setup a Trello account to coordinate the process
- - concurrent activities include
- - agreeing to leasing terms with Scrap/Self-Help
- - agreeing on a layout of the space, and managing the electrical work, internal wall construction, and related permitting process for our eventual Certificate of Occupancy
- - security plans to safeguard property and members
- - assessing and pricing our insurance needs
- - preparation and execution of the move itself
Splat is participating in the "We the Builders" project organized by the National Organization of Makers
- - individuals are 3D printing small blocks, which will be sent to Santa Fe for inclusion in a Rosie the Riveter sculpture
- - Splat will send its contributions off on May 20
- - anyone interesting in printing a piece should contact Meagen V
Super Graphic will likely move out of the slated woodshop area of #24 by the end of June. We can no longer count on the $500/month income.