Difference between revisions of "2020-02-04"
|Line 103:||Line 103:|
* Account balances as of
* Account balances as of /01:
Revision as of 18:11, 4 February 2020
Feb 4, 2020
- Member Attendance
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
- Guest Introductions
- Member Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
Meeting started at 7:10 pm
8 members in attendence Quorum = 13 members
Peter R invited the 3 guests to introduce themselves.
VP Andrew led the meeting.
1) Dawn, JC, and Mark have worked on the safety document. Mark wants to finish a basic draft to adopt and then later amend. A goal of a draft by the 15th was floated.
The suggestion for signs for safety equipment was raised.
Dawn noted that letting people know where safety materials are should be in the orientation package.
2) Fundraising - still interested in income ideas to fill $500 / month gap
- Grant writing was discussed. "It seems terrible" - Blake
- Graham has become a sustaining donor.
3) Discussion of tools
- Blake found a donation service for tools and will pursue more information.
- Blake was commended for the donation of a drill and for removing the carpet from the woodshop.
- Andrew has installed his improved router in the basement. He cautions that it's a little finnicky. He suggests that he be present if the machine is run in order to facilitate use, until a few people are comfortable using it.
(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)
- Plan needed to allow members to recoup costs on consumables they provide to the space. (who?)
- Website plans (who ?)
- New Member orientation (Dawn)
- Training & Accountability (Dawn - initial draft)
[create doc with list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides]
- Large format printer (updates?/volunteers?)
- New Storage Shelves (Scott + volunteers)
- Audio/Visual install & configuration (Scott + volunteers)
Shout Out to...
- Blake - carpetless woodshop
- Graham - 1st Sustaining donor
- Andrew - CAD router installation
- Others ?
VP Andrew is pleased with how things have been going at Splatspace, and still sees area of improvement. He has seen interest from outside the community and looks forward to continuing to improve the space in 2020. He coordinated for getting help in delivering a drill press on the following Saturday.
|Monthly Expected Expenses = $2505|
|Deficit = - $485/mo
Departing Members: Tyler M, Ben D, Lauren F
New Members: 4 Associate -> Full, 1 Full -> Associate
note new calendar for 2020 External Outreach Events