Feb 4, 2020
- Member Attendance
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
- Member Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
- Approve Jan 7 minutes
x members in attendance (Quorum = 12 members)
1) Safety Document - updates?
2) Fundraising - updates?
3) Tools - fortify/replace 1x1's supporting woodshop tool benches
- updates ?
- other ?
4) Laser cutter soundproofing - updates?
5) Purchase genuine black ink cartridge for large format printer - updates?
6) Computer upgrades - updates?
ToDo Action Items
(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)
* Plan needed to allow members to recoup costs on consumables they provide to the space. (who?)
* Website plans (who ?)
* New Member orientation (Dawn)
* Training & Accountability (Dawn - initial draft) [create doc with list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides]
* New Storage Shelves (Scott + volunteers)
* Audio/Visual install & configuration (Scott + volunteers)
* Splat server upgrade (Scott)
1) proposal to amend Membership Agreement (change highlighted in blue)
Discuss on Slack, vote at Mar 3 Business Meeting.
Current section from Membership Agreement:
- $60 per month for Full Membership
- $35 per month for Student Membership (currently enrolled in an accredited institution)
- $25 per month for Associate Membership
- • New members agree to maintain their membership for a minimum of 3 months.
- • Dues are to be paid in advance by the 1st of the month. Newly elected member dues must be paid upon affirmation of membership. Dues are owed until the Secretary is notified, in writing, of a member’s intent to change or end their membership
- ________ Initials
|Monthly Expected Expenses = $2505|
|Month||Members||Monthly Deficit (Expected)|
|Dec 1||50||$ - 480|
|Jan 1||49||$ - 485|
|Feb 1||46||$ - 430|
Departing Members: Tyler M, Ben D, Lauren F
New Members: 4 Associate -> Full, 1 Full -> Associate
- Comments: reasonable expectations
- 2 year high - 57 members
- 2 year low - 41 members
- Promotion - Updates ?
note new calendar for 2020 External Outreach Events
- Sat, Feb 22: Roanoke Mini Maker Faire, Science Museum of Western Virginia, Roanoke, VA