September 1st, 2020
- Member Attendance
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
- Guest Introductions
- Member Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
42 Dues-paying (voting) members
Quorum = 11 members
1) Approve meeting minutes from
- Jul 7th
ToDo Action Items
(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)
* In Sept/for Oct, implement a process (proposal?) for holding votes with membership electronically, to allow us to accomplish votes without establishing quorum at/during meetings. (Blake) ==
* Door system - remains delayed, requires "jiggle."
* Training & Accountability (need volunteers)
[create doc with list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides]
* Laser cutter soundproofing. * Look into the option of renting the space no longer used by the gym or the contracting company (the garage). Possibly a good substitute for the basement storage we currently pay ~$500/mo. (Andrew & Blake)
- Equipment has been moved due to the water in the Reception area. Address next steps for
- Andrew believes the 3d printers are OK, but status of computers and server are unknown.
- Ongoing need to cleanup Meetup events, to reflect virtual-meetings
- Mark discussed some ways that the Meetup page might be reconfigured or used differently (use the Online Only checkbox to remove address info)
- TSE contacted us about potentially moving out of 24, offered to show us 2 other sites w/in Shopper's Lane.
- Discuss ways to incentive or encourage members to hold SplatSpace workshops or events.
- Splat server upgrade/dehydration
- Website plans (updates).
- Domain registration email?
- Stripe 'Customer Portal': implemented and ready, pending web site update
- Mark's suggestions implemented on SplatSpace.org
- Mark will join web team and make minor edits while work continues.
- Discuss upcoming October Annual Meeting and officer elections.
- More members/board members need to be trained on keyfob/new member onboarding
No report this month.
|Monthly Expected Expenses
Current = $2005 (Jan 2021 = $2505)
Current = $+15/mo (Jan 2021 = $485)
Departing Members: Aurora T
New Members: ?
On Hold: 3 members
With our current Membership & Expenses, we can pay bills through 7/2021
- Note: projection based on member dues (does not include donations)
Options to increase revenue / decrease expenses:
- Donations: Thank you to Andrew, Blake, & Graham
- Talk with our landlord to seek temporary rent forbearance/forgiveness in order to stay in operation. (Dawn)
- Update: Asked landlord to revert to our old rent of $1900/month through 12/2020.
- No reply. Started paying $1900/mo.
No report this month.
- Request for social media content from members. Please send to Blake or ask to post it.
- Saturday Science from 1 - 4pm at #24 (ongoing since June). Edward R. moved his entymology startup to #24, so there's more functional bio equipment there now.
note new calendar for 2020 External Outreach Events list