September 1st, 2020
- Member Attendance
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
- Guest Introductions
- Member Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
43 Dues-paying (voting) members
Quorum = 11 members
1) Approve meeting minutes from
- Aug 4th
ToDo Action Items
(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)
* In Sept/for Oct, implement a process (proposal?) for holding votes with membership electronically, to allow us to accomplish votes without establishing quorum at/during meetings. (Blake) ==
* Door system - remains delayed, requires "jiggle."
* Training & Accountability (need volunteers)
[create doc with list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides]
* Laser cutter soundproofing. * Look into the option of renting the space no longer used by the gym or the contracting company (the garage). Possibly a good substitute for the basement storage we currently pay ~$500/mo. (Andrew & Blake)
- Equipment has been moved due to the water in the Reception area. Address next steps for
- Andrew believes the 3d printers are OK, but status of computers and server are unknown.
- Ongoing need to cleanup Meetup events, to reflect virtual-meetings
- Mark discussed some ways that the Meetup page might be reconfigured or used differently (use the Online Only checkbox to remove address info) Ensure new/modified events are announced.
- Scrap Exchange contacted us (TriDIYBio/Splat) about moving out of #24 Shoppers St. We need to vacate by Sept. 30, though may eventually be able to move to a renovated unit. In the interim, we need a spot at Splat Space to move the electronics components collection by the end of the month.
- Discuss ways to incentive or encourage members to hold SplatSpace workshops or events.
- Splat server upgrade/dehydration
- Website plans (updates).
- Domain registration email?
- Stripe 'Customer Portal': implemented and ready, pending web site update
- Mark's suggestions implemented on SplatSpace.org
- Mark will join web team and make minor edits while work continues.
- Discuss upcoming October Annual Meeting and officer elections.
- More members/board members need to be trained on keyfob/new member onboarding
- Caution needed using Google Meet invites (need follow-up email?)
No report this month.
|Monthly Expected Expenses
Current = $2010
[Jan 2021 = $2510]
Current = $2055 - $2010 = +45/mo
[Jan 2021 = $2055 - $2510 = -$455/mo]
Departing Members: none :)
New Members: 1 new member (who?)
Paused: 4 members
With our current Membership & Expenses, we can pay bills through mid 7/2021
- Note: projection based on member dues (does not include donations)
Current steps to increase revenue / decrease expenses:
- Donations: Thank you to Andrew, Blake, & Graham
- Reduced rent ($1900 vs $2400) through end of 2020
No report this month.
- Request for social media content from members. Please send to Blake or ask to post it.
- Look into doing a writeup for Durham Chicken Homesteading
- Saturday Science from 1 - 4pm at #24 (ongoing since June). Edward R. moved his entymology startup to #24, so there's more functional bio equipment there now.
note new calendar for 2020 External Outreach Events list