Difference between revisions of "2022-02-01"

From Splatspace
Jump to: navigation, search
(January 4th, 2022)
(Guest Introductions)
Line 48: Line 48:
==== Guest Introductions ====
==== Guest Introductions ====
* Nick R.
** Mechanical engineer
** Has a cat named Ash.
* Ashley Z.
** Interested in robotics
** FIRST team looking for a space
*Joshua M
** Background in mechatronics engineering and applied mathematics
** Robotics
** Electrical test engineer
* Jacob VM
** Also with the FIRST HS team
* Eric L.
** Also with (a different) FIRST HS team

Revision as of 01:51, 25 January 2022


February 1st, 2022

Link to join online meeting: https://meet.google.com/roo-ozzn-jne


  1. Select Meeting Moderator
  2. Guest Introductions
  3. Member Reports
  4. Upcoming Events
    1. Recurring Events
    2. Non-Recurring Events
  5. Previous Minutes
  6. Member Attendance
  7. Recruitment / Retention / Fundraising
  8. Consent Agenda
  9. Old Business
    1. Pinned items
    2. Action Items
  10. New Business
  11. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
    5. Public Relations
    6. At-Large
  12. Other
  13. Trash/Recycling Volunteer
  14. Adjournment


Meeting started at 7:10 PM.

Select Meeting Moderator

Guest Introductions

Member Reports

  • Scott H
    • Visited makerspaces in Pennsylvania: Pittsburg, Sommerset, Meyersdale, Altoona & Johnstown. Will report more on them at a later date
  • Justin K
    • Raspberry Pi controlled teleoperated RC car (Arduino Nano controlled motors, Flask app on Pi)
  • Brittney M
    • Science holiday card-making cancelled due to weather. Learned to crochet!
  • Blake
    • Woodworking projects: picture frame for doggo art, dice boxes!

Upcoming Events

note new calendar for 2022 External Outreach Events list

Recurring Events

Regular events carried from month to month.

Non-Recurring Events

Previous Minutes

  • Approve minutes from December 7th, 2021

Recruitment / Retention / Fundraising

Member Attendance
  • 55? Dues-paying (voting) members
  • 6 members in attendance
  • Quorum requires 14? members

Notes from the Special Action Committee:

Consent Agenda

Old Business

Pinned Items

Permanent items of the Old Business section carried from month to month.

ToDo Action Items

(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)

  • Identify and maintain (online) lists of SMEs (subject matter experts) for each equipment or space. (No Update)
  • Members are beginning to plan meetups and congregate--Ryan is planning to create and install room capacity placards in the work rooms for informational and safety purposes (supporting continuing COVID and social distancing safety, but also general shop safety). SplatSpace lease provides the total space capacity.

New Business

  • Review and see if anything needs edited from the 2020 Safety Code document https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f7ea6mLwwgSszdfBnTaeJ-CY0YVxUPvaNR-oQjVczDs/edit?pli=1
    • Create a wiki page for this once it is ready
  • Thermostat
    • Russell (building supervisor) said that UDI will send us a quote for a wireless remote thermostat. (Work should be covered under lease, according to Scott.)
    • If cost is reasonably small, we will likely pay for it even though it might be possibly construed as covered by the property owner in our lease agreement.
  • Gift memberships
    • Don't have an official process. Would need to figure out payment (how much?), also how to get the gifted member onboarded with the member contract and sponsorship/vetting?
    • Somewhat complicated to implement, future discussion required if desired.
  • Dorbo
    • https://github.com/splatspace/dorbo
    • Shares circuit with the woodshop, gets tripped sometimes from the woodshop.
    • Discussed options for battery backup. Wifi would also be useful to have on a battery backup.
  • Purchasing new equipment?
  • Incentivization approach to motivate selling the donations earmarked for sale
    • Member can sell items earmarked for sale and take 50% of the total sale price for themselves.
    • Items being sold will also be posted in Slack, available for purchase by members at a discounted price.

Officer Reports


  • Looking at website.


Report for this month is pending.

  • Ryan needs to be added to bank account "Business Resolution" form and the signature card.


Public Relations

  • Scott
    • Will be working on the SplatServer, adding capacity, reorganizing file structure, and making it auto-mounted on the various laptops and workstations in the space. Input from members welcome - contact Scott.
    • Will update the upcoming events list for 2022; any knowledge of events or community participation welcome (contact Scott)


Trash/Recycling Volunteer