Difference between revisions of "2022-02-01"

From Splatspace
Jump to: navigation, search
(Select Meeting Moderator)
(Upcoming Events)
Line 54: Line 54:
=== Upcoming Events ===
=== Upcoming Events ===
''note new calendar for 2022  [https://wiki.splatspace.org/index.php/Main_Page#External_Outreach_Events External Outreach Events list]
''New calendar for 2022  [https://wiki.splatspace.org/index.php/Main_Page#External_Outreach_Events External Outreach Events list]
* As usual, check [https://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/calendar https://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/calendar] for posted events.
* As usual, check [https://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/calendar https://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/calendar] for posted events.

Revision as of 00:01, 2 February 2022


Agenda    February 1st, 2022

Link to join online meeting: https://meet.google.com/roo-ozzn-jne


  1. Select Meeting Moderator
  2. Guest Introductions
  3. Member Reports
  4. Upcoming Events
    1. Recurring Events
    2. Non-Recurring Events
  5. Previous Minutes
  6. Member Attendance
  7. Recruitment / Retention / Fundraising
  8. Consent Agenda
  9. Old Business
    1. Pinned items
    2. Action Items
  10. New Business
  11. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
    5. Public Relations
    6. At-Large
  12. Other
    1. Trash/Recycling Volunteer
  13. Adjournment


Meeting started at HH:MM XM.

Select Meeting Moderator

Guest Introductions

Member Reports

Upcoming Events

New calendar for 2022 External Outreach Events list

Recurring Events

Regular events carried from month to month.

Non-Recurring Events

none at this time

Previous Minutes

  • Approve minutes from January 4th, 2022

Recruitment / Retention / Fundraising

Member Attendance
  • 55? Dues-paying (voting) members
  • 6 members in attendance
  • Quorum requires 14? members

Notes from the Special Action Committee:

Consent Agenda

Old Business

Pinned Items

Permanent items of the Old Business section carried from month to month.

ToDo Action Items

(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)

  • Identify and maintain (online) lists of SMEs (subject matter experts) for each equipment or space. (No Update)
  • Members are beginning to plan meetups and congregate--Ryan is planning to create and install room capacity placards in the work rooms for informational and safety purposes (supporting continuing COVID and social distancing safety, but also general shop safety). SplatSpace lease provides the total space capacity.

New Business

  • Review and see if anything needs edited from the 2020 Safety Code document https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f7ea6mLwwgSszdfBnTaeJ-CY0YVxUPvaNR-oQjVczDs/edit?pli=1
    • Create a wiki page for this once it is ready
  • Thermostat
    • Russell (building supervisor) said that UDI will send us a quote for a wireless remote thermostat. (Work should be covered under lease, according to Scott.)
    • If cost is reasonably small, we will likely pay for it even though it might be possibly construed as covered by the property owner in our lease agreement.
  • Gift memberships
    • Don't have an official process. Would need to figure out payment (how much?), also how to get the gifted member onboarded with the member contract and sponsorship/vetting?
    • Somewhat complicated to implement, future discussion required if desired.
  • Dorbo
    • https://github.com/splatspace/dorbo
    • Shares circuit with the woodshop, gets tripped sometimes from the woodshop.
    • Discussed options for battery backup. Wifi would also be useful to have on a battery backup.
  • Purchasing new equipment?
  • Incentivization approach to motivate selling the donations earmarked for sale
    • Member can sell items earmarked for sale and take 50% of the total sale price for themselves.
    • Items being sold will also be posted in Slack, available for purchase by members at a discounted price.

Officer Reports




Report for this month is pending.

  • Ryan needs to be added to bank account "Business Resolution" form and the signature card.


Public Relations


  • Will be working on the SplatServer, adding capacity, reorganizing file structure, and making it auto-mounted on the various laptops and workstations in the space. Input from members welcome - contact Scott.
  • Shelf update
  • Electronics bench cleanup/upgrade update


Trash/Recycling Volunteer
  • Ask for a volunteer