December 4th, 2012
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Annual Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
TriLUG Christmas Party is at the space on December 13.
DC919 needs a sponsor to use the space on December 17 as Lisa will be out of town.
TriLUG's January meeting will include a presentation on Raspberry Pi. Contributors include several Splat Space menus.
Putting together a Lindsay Technical Books order for submission Friday.
- Account balances:
- Paypal balance as of 12/04: $0.00
- BB&T balance as of 12/04: $6785.04 available $7094.04
- WePay balance as of 12/04: $0.00
- Total balance as of 12/04: $7094.04
- This month's income:
- WePay - $1351.15
- BB&T Deposits - $65.00
- Total: $1416.15
- This month's expenses:
- CREH-Snow (rent) - $950.00
- Pete Soper - workbench supplies $28.19
- Darren Boss - Obihai voip ata $29.99
- Darren Boss - $16.05 Key cutting
- Total: $1023.24
- Income - expenses = $392.91
- Maintenance fund ($147.20 + $20 - $28.19) = $139.01
- Tool fund ($1124.43 + $196.46) = $1320.89
Should we take the voip ata out of either the tool or maintenance fund?
- I'm investigating several tools to help us track all of our social interactions and let all of us easily use twitter without us all just having to pass around the splat_space twitter account. Hootsuite looked like a good tool, but costs for each user beyond the first, which isn't ideal.
- I've started posting a "weekly" schedule post to the blog outlining what's going on. I'm using the meetup calendar as the info source for this, so please make sure you've got events there if you want to be part of that post.
- There appears to be a email@example.com address somewhere; I'm hoping we own it. If someone has control of that, please email me. We have to have a gmail address to create a youtube account--we can't use our @splatspace.org email accounts. The splatspace one seems like a likely account, but if no one knows about I'll just create splat_space or something similar.
Raised the issue of safety using heavy machinery while people are in the space.
Planning to build a power supply for the electronics workstation.
Urges people interested in participating in the Introduction to Raspberry Pi presentation at TriLUG in January to contact him.
Says he can host the DC919 meeting on December 17.
TriZPUG meets here at 7 on December 20.
Looking for help sourcing parts for an advanced automated home brewing system.
Building a turbistat for an accelerated, continuous-evolution biological experiment. Probe and controller replaces a $10,000 unit for $30. Goal of the experiment is to build a probiotic organism that prevents Shigella.
Only 2 people responded on doodle poll for time and date for next movie night. Encourages people to vote if they have an preference. Tron and Tron Legacy are the suggested films.
Phil also showed his electronic work bench project and explained the special acrylic drill bits required to complete the project. Offered the lend the use of his acrylic drill bits for other peoples' projects.
Ordered about 100 new stickers from Zazzle. Donating them to the space. Also ordered 7 buttons, donated to individuals on the promise they actually wear them. Buttons cost $1.14 each.
Looking for additional people to show and tell about open source at the TriLUG Christmas party. Food from Torero's. Last year's event was packed with people.
Suggests a Raspberry Pi workshop be held on the Saturday after the TriLUG presentation.