January 1st, 2013
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Annual Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
We did not have quorum (7 voting members present of 31 total voting members) so we did vote on the consent agenda items listed in these minutes. We'll try to hold a vote at next Tuesday's meeting (2013-01-08).
- Pay Evan Daniels $600 for his mill and lathe and welcome him as our newest member
The January 10 TriLUG meeting features several Splat Space members presenting Raspberri Pi. Rachael Hobbs from Girl Develop It () contacted Alan to ask about opportunities to partner with the space. Alan will reply and forward information.
Atomic Empire (http://www.scifigenre.com/) is a local tabletop game company. Jeff recommends we check them out and consider opportunities to partner with them for fabrication or other purposes.
The Durham public library will host a lightning talk event 2013-01-26 (main library, 3:00-4:30 PM).
- Account balances:
- Paypal balance as of 01/01: $0.00
- BB&T balance as of 01/01: $7338.46
- WePay balance as of 01/01: $0.00
- Total balance as of 01/01: $7338.46
- This month's income:
- WePay - $1145.80
- BB&T Deposits - $0.00
- Total: $1145.80
- This month's expenses:
- CREH-Snow (rent) - $950.00
- Total: $950.00
- Income - expenses = $195.80
- Maintenance fund ($139.01 + $20) = $159.01
- Tool fund ($1320.89 + $97.90) = $1418.79
Looked at Hootsuite for managing our PR, but you only get 5 accounts free, and the cost is too high to get enough members on board. If someone wants to tweet as Splatspace, ask JC or Alan or Lenore for credentials or ask for a retweet. Needs Google+ credentials from Phil.
Drew asks if our insurance policy provides coverage for the new milling equipment we're discussing (personal injury consequences implied). Alan responded that the policy covers it.
(Old Business continued on January 8: consent agenda item about mill purchase passes with 11 voting members present)