November 5th, 2013
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Annual Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
1 new visitor tonight.
- Jeff C.
- Bill C.
- Jon S.
- Heather S.
- Jim P.
- Darren S.
- Shaw T.
- Peter R.
- Joe D.
- Mark C.
- Matt D.
- Lenore R.
Vote to postpone the at-large board member voting until next month (when we will do our annual meeting).
Larry at Triangle E-cycle donated two large fans suitable for a fume extraction system.
A paper copy of the laser cutter usage survey will be available for anonymous filling-out.
Meeting with architects about hackerspace needs. More updates next week.
- Account balances:
- BB&T balance as of 11/04: $10,064.70
- WePay balance as of 11/04: $0.00
- Total balance as of 11/04: $10,064.70
- This month's income:
- WePay - $1320.00
- BB&T Deposits - $300.00
- Total: $1620.00
- This month's expenses:
- CREH-Snow (rent) - $1,450.00
- Tapco Underwriters (insurance for 1 year) - $1,160.00
- Total: $2610.00
- Income - expenses = $-990.00
- Maintenance fund ($275.45 + $0) = $275.45
- Tool fund ($3033.70 + $0) = $3033.70
14 signatures collected to ratify the amendment to allow associate members voting rights. This meets the requirement that at least 2/3 of voting members (count of 19 for October 2013).
The vote to postpone the at-large board member vote until next month passes unanimously.
Need to borrow a RPi camera module.
Trying to organize a LEGO Mindstorm event in December. Ideas or suggestions welcome.
Seen a brickPi board, a Mindstorm controller for the RPi. It costs about $60 for one, $80 for a lower-power version.
Warns against tin whiskers that form when tin-based non-lead solders are used on small components.