March 4th, 2014
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Annual Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
- meetigs going a little long and propose not to interrupt others when speaking
- 18 people
- 3 new
Electronic Test Equipment Purchase
I propose we hold a popular vote to approve the purchase of the electronics test equipment described in this section from Cate Grey for $750, paid from our tool fund. This amount is 10% below the estimated cost for the same tools bought new.
The equipment was very lightly used and was carefully tested by Pete Soper. Here are his notes and list prices for new equipment of the same type (which totals $833):
- EZ OS-5020 Dual trace 20mhz Oscilloscope with one HP 2040 1X/10X probe. This is a modest 'scope but seems to work fine and should meet the needs of Splatspace users for casual use. The scope costs $395 currently and the probe costs $20. (If this equipment is obtained for Splatspace a second probe should be ordered to enable the 2nd channel, along with some spring-hook clips for more convenient connections in some contexts).
- Webtronics/Mastech DC Power Supply. This is a beautiful variable voltage power supply that offers both constant voltage (i.e. the usual) and CONSTANT CURRENT. The latter feature can be extremely useful for some situations. The supply delivers 0-30 volts at 0-3 amperes between it's + and - terminals (NOT from ground: this supply appears to be fully isolated). There are both current and volt meters. This supply currently costs $160.
- Mastech 2mhz signal generator. This is also a very useful piece of equipment that would fill a hole on the current Splatspace work bench. It generates sine, triangle and square waves and has a built in digital counter. A digital meter shows the actual frequency output/counted. It currently costs $108
- MFJ MFG-4035MV High current regulated power supply. This supply is very flexible, having binding posts, a "cigar lighter socket" and speaker-type spring clip connections as well as both an ammeter and a volt meter. It's good for 35 amperes but it will reliably put out quite low voltages at high current. Current price is $150.
- Two antistatic wrist straps and a hex crimper for connectors like TNCs.
- Kate and Allie are members that are frequently at the space
- No objections - approved!
Still need volunteers for the following events
- Teen Tech Week at the Durham County Libraries is March 10 - 15. See front board for dates and times.
- Creekside Math and Science night is Thursday, March 13, 2014, from 6 PM to 8 PM
- Burlington Mini Maker Faire is Saturday, April 12 from 10A M - 6 PM
- Efland Cheeks Elementary Math and Science Night is Thursday, May 1, 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Account balances:
- BB&T balance as of 3/3/14: $13,258.05 available
- WePay balance as of 3/3/14: $0
- Total balance as of 3/3/14: $13,258.05
- This month's income (2/4/14 - 3/3/14):
- WePay - $1,136.61
- Square - $2932.09
- BB&T Deposits - $236.00
- Total: $4,304.70
- This month's expenses (2/4/14 - 3/3/14):
- CREH-Snow (rent) - $1,450.00
- key deposit refund - $15.00
- Total: $1,465.00
- Income - expenses = $2,839.70
- Maintenance fund ($272.04 - $100.03 + $20) = $191.01
- Tool fund ($3,096.94 + $1,419.85) = $4,516.79
- NOTE: rent check to Snow Building has been sent but has not cleared, yet. It is included in this this month's statement (above) in order to give an accurate sense of our finances.
- $100.03 from Maintenance fund to purchase new hot end for Lulzbot MendelMax 3-D printer.
- 1 new (full) member joined in February
- Martin B
- Large income boost this month because Martin pre-paid a few years of full membership dues.
- We have one week to move to a different dues payment / invoicing system.
- March 12th is last day to process invoices via WePay.
- Darren and Shaw (and Mike) have been working on getting CiviCRM setup with a plugin for payment processing via WePay API.
- Once this is setup, everyone who is currently paying dues via WePay invoices will be moved over to CiviCRM invoices.
- Ready to switch over the website to our Rackspace hosting
- Nothing new to report.
- Big thanks to Darren, Mike, and Shaw for their work on the new web stuff.
- Jeff C
- working on Baby Blue 3d printer
- the laptop is missing the power adaptor and we need to get something off hard drive
- Daniel D
- RFID readers
- Thy them out and if you get it working get back to Daniel on how you did it
- Has project using 3.5" floppy drive so if you have any drives, bring them in
- Looking for computer in the space
- It was found
- A working projector went missing from bookcase
- Nintendo DS case install
- Has a laptop power supply that needs fixing
- Semantic Web meeting was a success
- IBMer has a talk lined up about Watson and will be posted to Meetup
- Arcade cabinet is functional but need a good front end application