June 7th, 2016
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- Officer Reports
- New Business
- Old Business
- Member Reports
Main Library should be cutting the $2K check for our collaboration. We attended the DCL Makerlab opening on Saturday.
- Account balances:
- BB&T balance as of 06/06: $3123.59 available
- WePay balance as of 06/06: $50
- Square balance as of 06/06: $0
- Total balance as of 06/06: $3173.59
- May to June income:
- WePay - $1327.99
- BB&T Deposits - $310
- Square Deposits - $306.33
- Total: $1944.32
- May to June expenses:
- UDI Rent - $1592.07
- Linode.com - $20
- Total: $1612.07
- Income - expenses = $332.25
- Invoicing the library this coming month for our grant money. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.
- Filled out our tax form online. The IRS made it harder by changing the submission page and information.
Daniel has been doing more video content for the website. He requests people to send material to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line #postme and it will be posted.
Scott would like to encourage people come in and work on projects.
- News or Thoughts on moving in to Scrap Exchange's Reuse District
We need to take a look at the actual space. There is right now no info on footage, price, conditions of shared use, etc. Scrap does not want to open a competing makerspace.
GNT recommends a committee to look at the Scrap area. We will test the old moving email group to see if it still works.
The 2 yr lease ends this December. There will be a 2% rent increase.
PR was inspired by the electric string that JC built to get a used ski and make his own.
We had a great Game Night last Friday. We had at least 12, perhaps 15. They will continue.
Someone left the heat press on. Let's leave the lid down.
Scott wants to build an 8bit computer; he will be speaking to PR and PS.
Daniel D is building a smart watch.
We need to move the TMNT console. Sarah will attempt to Craigle it.
Scott will move the 19" rack to "somewhere." By the end of the month he should have his projects in it.
PR pointed out that Frances Arnold just won the Millenium Prize for using viral evolution, and he is more optimistic about having a unique approach.