September 4th, 2018
- Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
- Consent Agenda
- New Business
- Old Business
- Officer Reports
- Member Reports
- Coming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
No items this month.
Agenda setting Board Meeting Sept 6
Next Official Business Meeting Sept 11
Desired expenditures other than large equipment. Infrastructure (shelves in basement).
Jon Vasquez: Can we stream meetings for folks who can't make it.
Adam Rust has gotten back to us saying that the Rust Foundation is creating a portal and thereby changing their application pr
Is social media the same as public relations, do we need a full time position in addition to social media.
Triangle AI meeting at SplatSpace: Lightning Talks, Machine Learning, and Snacks. Thursday, August 9th
Pete Soper mentioned that second Thursday conflicts with TriLUG (but that's understood).
Please send announcments to Jon, especially for one time big events. With as much lead time as possible.
Ryan wants to organize and improve our class creation and execution process.
New faces: Nicole recently from Santa Fe, NM. Lewis formerly of the Scrap Exchange, electronic musician. Luke, moved here 8 months ago, research engineer, interests in fish tanks, lighting, etc.
Phillip is making a Quiet Riot Halloween constume.
Localfest Sept. 29
Girls Rock ?
SparkCon (Raleigh) and Centerfest (Durham)
Brian is going to DragonCon if someone needs a ride.
Jon and Phillip volunteered to take out the trash.
If you are running a meeting at Splatspace, please empty the trash and tidy up.
1. (Meagen) Social Media (Aaron Averill)
2. (Meagen) Cleaning
4. (Brian) LASER: Being process of considering repair/replace/duplicate
Determine an agenda item for disposition of: Full Spectrum wants us to officially assign our ownership of Laser cutter. They $300 for this. Considerations: Cost of a new laser cutter, when will we be upgrading, etc.
5. (Brian) Call for new equipment suggestions:
Start a process to create a short list of equipment to acquire.
Examples: * 3D printer * Laser cutter * Metal bandsaw (drop saw)? * 3D printer/router/laser etcher ($800) * Cordless Drills
6. (Dawn) How/Where to Keep Track of Splat Documents (beyond the Wiki)
We need to decide how to handle documents:
* Secure vs. insecure documents? * Blank membership agreements (not secure, should be available at any time) * Membership account information (secure, should be available to Board, etc.) * Other items (Members of Splatspace, not for publication/robots etc.)
Repositories? Dropbox? Bitbucket?
7. Announce schedule for Agenda Meeting.
Minutes: Agenda planning meeting for Splatspace August business meeting.
Updates & Corrections to past reports: 1/2/18 ($20 error), 4/3/18 ($1 error), 6/1/18 & 7/1/18 (Added after meeting - online bank access issues)
Account statements went out to all current/recent (2018) members & all 2017 key holders.
Proposed update to Membership Agreement - Member is responsible for dues until they notify the treasurer (in writing) that they would like to pause/cancel their membership.
- Account balances as of 09/01:
- BB&T (available) balance: $11,188.39
- Cash: $64.00
- Total balance: $11252.39
- Balance - 3 month reserve ($6633) - outstanding payments ($0) = $4619.39
- August income:
- Stripe: $1877.78
- BB&T Deposits: $654.00
- Cash: $5
- Total: $2536.78
- Income source:
- Dues: $2431.78
- Donations: $105
- Total: $2536.78
- July expenses:
- UDI Rent: $1900.00
- Linode.com: $20.00
- Spectrum: $59.99
- Supplies/Misc: $0
- Total: $1979.99
- Income - Expenses = $556.79
- Active Member count as of 09/04: (Active = paid dues within past 60 days)
- Student: 3
- Associate: 13
- Full: 33
- Total: 49