May 5th, 2020
- Member Attendance
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
- Guest Introductions
- Member Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
- Approve minutes from Apr 7, 2020
- Approve minutes from March 3, 2020
- Approve minutes from February 4, 2020
43 Dues-paying (voting) members
Quorum = 11 members
1) Approve the SplatSpace Safety Code Document and associated Safety Resource List:
ToDo Action Items
(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)
- Establish a process (proposal?) for holding votes with membership electronically, to allow us to accomplish votes without establishing quorum at/during meetings.
- Establish a process (ie. sending a two-sentence announcement with a link to the agenda to the Google Group, Slack #announcements) for announcing to SplatSpace membership important meetings, votes, and events, in the case where there has been a board member meeting and agenda prepared at least 3 days in advance.
* Plan needed to allow members to recoup costs on consumables they provide to the space. (who?)
* Website plans (who ?)
* New Member orientation (Dawn)
* Training & Accountability (Dawn - initial draft) [create doc with list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides]
* New Storage Shelves (Scott + volunteers)
* Audio/Visual install & configuration (Scott + volunteers)
* Splat server upgrade (Scott)
* Laser cutter soundproofing
Discuss COVID-19 policies as related to SplatSpace and affiliated operations:
Discuss continued, voluntary, proactive cleaning of frequently used surfaces.
Throw out the community bag of chips.
- Start a Slack channel for discussion of COVID-19 related SplatSpace operational or policy changes.
- Splat at your own risk signage?
|Monthly Expected Expenses = $2505|
|Deficit = - $555/mo|
Departing Members: Tipakorn G, Chris B, Cassy B
With our current Membership & Expenses, we can pay bills through 12/2020
- Connect with Nation of Makers to see what other makerspaces are doing to address funding and membership issues, operational challenges.
- Talk with our landlord to seek temporary rent forbearance/forgiveness in order to stay in operation.
- Get the previously formulated list of ideas/brainstorming for fundraising and membership engagement, find members willing to pursue these.
- Consider/brainstorm ways that SplatSpace might engage with community, especially with the ongoing challenges presented by COVID-19. (Engagement with children, educational or pastime).
- Update the website (highlight PPE projects, video from workshops, other activities and resources that SplatSpace offers as Durham's makerspace). Offer a curated list of others' activities, relevant events and opportunities. Standard things on Instagram, Facebook, Wordpress, etc.
- Member Relations
note new calendar for 2020 External Outreach Events list