May 5th, 2020
- Member Attendance
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
- Guest Introductions
- Member Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
- Approve minutes from Apr 7, 2020
- Approve minutes from March 3, 2020
- Approve minutes from February 4, 2020
43 Dues-paying (voting) members
Quorum = 11 members
1) Approve the SplatSpace Safety Code Document and associated Safety Resource List:
ToDo Action Items
(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)
- Establish a process (proposal?) for holding votes with membership electronically, to allow us to accomplish votes without establishing quorum at/during meetings.
- Establish a process (ie. sending a two-sentence announcement with a link to the agenda to the Google Group, Slack #announcements) for announcing to SplatSpace membership important meetings, votes, and events, in the case where there has been a board member meeting and agenda prepared at least 3 days in advance.
* Plan needed to allow members to recoup costs on consumables they provide to the space. (who?)
* Website plans (who ?)
* New Member orientation (Dawn)
* Training & Accountability (Dawn - initial draft) [create doc with list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides]
* New Storage Shelves (Scott + volunteers)
* Audio/Visual install & configuration (Scott + volunteers)
* Splat server upgrade (Scott)
* Laser cutter soundproofing
Discuss COVID-19 policies as related to SplatSpace and affiliated operations:
Discuss continued, voluntary, proactive cleaning of frequently used surfaces.
Throw out the community bag of chips.
- Start a Slack channel for discussion of COVID-19 related SplatSpace operational or policy changes.
- Splat at your own risk signage?
|Monthly Expected Expenses = $2505|
|Deficit = - $555/mo|
Departing Members: Tipakorn G, Chris B, Cassy B
With our current Membership & Expenses, we can pay bills through 12/2020
- Connect with Nation of Makers to see what other makerspaces are doing to address funding and membership issues, operational challenges.
- Talk with our landlord to seek temporary rent forbearance/forgiveness in order to stay in operation.
- Get the previously formulated list of ideas/brainstorming for fundraising and membership engagement, find members willing to pursue these.
- Consider/brainstorm ways that SplatSpace might engage with community, especially with the ongoing challenges presented by COVID-19. (Engagement with children, educational or pastime).
- Update the website (highlight PPE projects, video from workshops, other activities and resources that SplatSpace offers as Durham's makerspace). Offer a curated list of others' activities, relevant events and opportunities. Standard things on Instagram, Facebook, Wordpress, etc.
- Formalize a process for people who are willing to provide access to Associate or Student members when they need it. Andrew Odum and Scott both volunteered some interest in facilitating access this way.
- Member Relations
- Investigate door-duino problems (10 second delay on credential scanning/door unlock).
note new calendar for 2020 External Outreach Events list