Difference between revisions of "2020-05-25"
(Created page with "=== May 25th, 2020 === Finance Meeting === Agenda === * coming up with a plan to solicit a quorum's worth of votes online, so that business can be conducted * Addressing th...")
Revision as of 14:55, 25 May 2020
May 25th, 2020
- coming up with a plan to solicit a quorum's worth of votes online, so that business can be conducted
- Addressing the Finance Trajectory
- communicating this to membership
- soliciting solutions
- Allowing new members in pandemic scenario
- Member Attendance
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
ToDo Action Items
|Monthly Expected Expenses = $2505|
|Deficit = - $555/mo|
Departing Members: Tipakorn G, Chris B, Cassy B
With our current Membership & Expenses, we can pay bills through 12/2020
- Connect with Nation of Makers to see what other makerspaces are doing to address funding and membership issues, operational challenges.
- Talk with our landlord to seek temporary rent forbearance/forgiveness in order to stay in operation.
- Get the previously formulated list of ideas/brainstorming for fundraising and membership engagement, find members willing to pursue these.
- Consider/brainstorm ways that SplatSpace might engage with community, especially with the ongoing challenges presented by COVID-19. (Engagement with children, educational or pastime).
- Update the website (highlight PPE projects, video from workshops, other activities and resources that SplatSpace offers as Durham's makerspace). Offer a curated list of others' activities, relevant events and opportunities. Standard things on Instagram, Facebook, Wordpress, etc.
- Formalize a process for people who are willing to provide access to Associate or Student members when they need it. Andrew Odum and Scott both volunteered some interest in facilitating access this way.