August 4th, 2020
- Member Attendance
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
- Guest Introductions
- Member Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
42 Dues-paying (voting) members
Quorum = 11 members
1) Approve meeting minutes from
- Jul 7th
ToDo Action Items
(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)
* Implement a process (proposal?) for holding votes with membership electronically, to allow us to accomplish votes without establishing quorum at/during meetings.
* Create document describing SplatSpace policy for reimbursement of costs for consumables and equipment maintenance. (Andrew)
* Training & Accountability (need volunteers) [create doc with list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides]
* Laser cutter soundproofing.
- Clean up the Meetup page. Remove events which aren't happening, remove the address from events which are virtual. Mark C. will discuss points from his email. (who?)
- Mark discussed some ways that the Meetup page might be reconfigured or used differently (use the Online Only checkbox to remove address info)
- Looking for members to cover responding to people who sign up for Meetup events (Open Saturdays and Game Nights).
- Looking for members to respond to SplatSpace voice messages when we get a few in a row (in case people are stuck in the parking lot). Andrew O. volunteered to try to help with voicemail issues, as he lives near SplatSpace.
- Discuss membership fee discounts or other ways to incentivise or encourage members to hold SplatSpace workshops or events. Also discuss possible issues with 501c3 requirements.
- As long as fees are at or below market rate, there shouldn't be a problem. Dawn is willing to discuss on Slack.
- Not a problem for individual members to charge for a workshop or class and benefit from that. Could choose to donate to SplatSpace.
- Project classes where making something to take home (and learn along the way), learning/educational workshop classes.
- Splat server upgrade (Scott to solicit membership for content ideas.)
- Website plans (updates).
- Stripe 'Customer Portal': implemented and ready, pending web site update
- Mark's suggestions implemented on SplatSpace.org
- Mark will join web team and make minor edits while work continues.
- Discuss upcoming October Annual Meeting and officer elections.
No report this month.
- Brief discussion of SplatSpace policy for reimbursement of consumables and maintenance costs.
- Lulzbot printer is back and working great.
- Still working on the Fusion 306 printer with BLTouch added, needed to reflash the firmware, may be done this month.
- Firmware upgrade on a different printer is complete.
- Purchased a few bulk bandages and is adding new first aid kits to rooms which didn't have them.
|Monthly Expected Expenses
Current = $2005 (Jan 2021 = $2505)
Current = $+15/mo (Jan 2021 = $485)
Departing Members: Aurora T
New Members: ?
On Hold: 3 members
With our current Membership & Expenses, we can pay bills through 7/2021
- Note: projection based on member dues (does not include donations)
Options to increase revenue / decrease expenses:
- Donations: Thank you to Andrew, Blake, & Graham
- Talk with our landlord to seek temporary rent forbearance/forgiveness in order to stay in operation. (Dawn)
- Update: Asked landlord to revert to our old rent of $1900/month through 12/2020.
- No reply. Started paying $1900/mo.
No report this month.
- Social media update.
- Signed up for HootSuite, a social media content management solution with a free option, allows posting to multiple social media accounts at once.
- Request for social media content from members. Please send to Blake or ask to post it.
- Update: event cancellations and small gatherings.
- HAMfest, SPARKcon
- Shared pictures of the work benches he built, hopes to build similar ones for SplatSpace workshop.
- Working on a project to do safe customer switching with New Hope railways (model trains).
Mark C (Recruitment & Retention Committee)
- Ideas for getting more exposure for SplatSpace.
- Recruitment: more places to get SplatSpace's existence announced online?
- Retention: follow-up with new members to get a sense of their needs being met.
- Wants to make sure that new members who need help or instruction can find it. (We have Slack for this, and direct new members there).
- Saturday Science from 1 - 4pm at #24 (ongoing).
- Virtual TriBRAE events.
- Next month's SplatSpace board meeting will be Sunday, August 23 at 5pm (online).
- Next month's SplatSpace meeting will be Tuesday, September 1 at 7pm (online).
note new calendar for 2020 External Outreach Events list