March 2nd, 2021
- Member Reports
- Guest Introductions
- Member Attendance
- Recruitment / Retention / Fundraising
- Consent Agenda
- Old Business
- Action Items
- New Business
- Officer Reports
- Upcoming Events
- Trash/Recycling Volunteer
- Approve minutes from Feb 2nd, 2021
Recruitment / Retention / Fundraising
XX Dues-paying (voting) members
Quorum = YY members
ToDo Action Items
(Items carried forward from previous meetings, but not up for discussion this month. Recorded here so we don't forget about them.)
- Pete Soper reports that the FSL Hobby Laser may not be fully functional, may be out of focus in one corner.
- Justin will look at replacing the air assist hose and cleaning/realigning the mirrors if needed.
- Door and Gate system - remains delayed, requires "jiggle."
- No updates on Training & Accountability (need volunteers)
- Create a document with a list of tools, include people & doc links as we start making equipment training guides.
- Identify and maintain (online) lists of SME's for each equipment or space.
- Lewis made a Splatspace ad/brochure pamphlet and is working on a member info onesheet. Wants to be done with a draft by today's meeting.
- Ryan created a New Member Onboarding sheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15GAPfC5lDiWzTwhWOXBdhtjgEoBocAib/view
- Blake created an accountability spreadsheet to track ideas and actuators: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DhrKFV9pf3FqGPViB5spfvg2n9gHp0L-OCm-krcgT5k/edit#gid=0
Let's make this a permanent part of the TODO Action Items section of the meeting agenda.
- Identify volunteers to plan moving electronics donations from Fred Ebeling and Pete Soper from Pete's garage to SplatSpace. Waiting to move electronics donations from Fred & Pete until we've finished creating shelves, more storage space, and cleaning up space.
- Members discussed the need for a Tool Reservation system. Tool reservation system is going to be a calendar, pending web site updates. Blake cites the calendar resources in Google Admin
- Blake has installed the new laptops in place. If we can get cheap Kensington locks, we should get them.
- Scott has made process wiring up zoned amplifiers to wire up multiple speakers in each room for music and paging system. tThis
- The Splatspace Pizza Cleanup party was successful. The boneyard has been overhauled. Future cleanup parties are planned (when?)
- Justin will provide update about the SplatSpace floor plan he created for members to use for planning purposes and reference.
- Justin volunteered his old Intel i3 system for use in the space for the Glowforge, possibly in the member signin/guest book/reservation system/information kiosk.
- Discuss centralized, online file storage for SplatSpace documents and files.
- Google Drive file storage system to implement:
- Ryan shared idea to separare SplatSpace files by access rights: Treasurer Google Drive Folder - contains all files only for officers. President Google Drive Folder - contains all files for general public. Vice President/Secretary - contains all fils for SplatSpace general members.
- Web team update: Blake, Andrew, Ryan, Justin, and others are still working on the new SplatSpace website. Blake shared about the web site updates.
- Showed the new draft he's been working on. - Blake will invite a small group to soon to do the last push (move the Wiki to Wordpress) and add Stripe portal, then publish the site and update the domain.
|Monthly Expected Expenses = $xx|
|Deficit = - $xx/mo|
Departing Members: Name M,
New Members: Name M,
- Comments: membership appears to drop during summer months, rise in the fall/winter
- Jun 2018 - 42 members
- Feb 2019 - 57 members
- Member Relations
note new calendar for 2020 External Outreach Events list